Amazon Prime Ligue 1 also called Pass Ligue 1 is the essential subscription for all fans of the French championship. After the TELEFOOT fiasco, the takeover, and then the abandonment of TV rights by Canal+, Amazon decided to take over the broadcasting of most of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2. Discover the Amazon offers Prime Ligue 1 and how to subscribe!
- The essential
- Amazon Prime Ligue 1 allows you to watch 8 out of 10 matches (80%) of the French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 championships.
- The subscription is only available to Prime Video subscribers and costs €12.99/month (to which must therefore be added the €5.99/month of Amazon Prime Video).
- SFR offers an offer including Amazon Prime Ligue 1, RMC Sport, and beIN SPORTS.
Ligue 1 Amazon: what is Amazon Prime Ligue 1?
Amazon has invested 250 million euros to own the vast majority of the French championship’s TV rights until 2024.
The American firm, which is already a major player in football TV rights abroad, has decided to extend its influence in France by offering 8 matches out of the 10 per day in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 via its Pass Ligue 1 that it offers via its Amazon Prime Ligue 1 offer.
The other two games are broadcast by:
- Canal+ for Ligue 1.
- beIN SPORTS for Ligue 2.
Amazon Prime Video Ligue 1 price: how much does the Amazon football offer cost?
The first thing to know to take advantage of Amazon Prime Ligue 1 is that you have previously subscribed to an Amazon Prime subscription, the cost of which is €5.99/month or €49/year without commitment.
Once the subscription has been taken out, it is possible to take advantage of the Ligue 1 Pass at the price of €12.99/month without obligation.
The total cost of the Amazon Prime Ligue 1 subscription, therefore, amounts to €18.98/month without commitment.
We remind you that during the off-season which is fast approaching and which lasts 2 months, Amazon Prime Ligue 1 (thus the €12.99/month) will not be debited to you, and the monthly payment will be automatically reactivated from July 27, 2022.
Amazon is offering a 7-day trial offer for its Amazon Prime Ligue 1 . Amazon also offers an offer for ” Prime Student ” students including a free 90-day trial then €24/year only valid on the Amazon Prime offer.
The Amazon Prime Ligue 1 offer is currently on promotion until September 14, 2022, with the operator SFR. Indeed, the operator offers a 100% football offer which combines all the biggest football subscriptions:
- Amazon Prime Ligue 1 + RMC Sport at €20/month with a 12-month commitment or €26/month without a commitment.
- Amazon Prime Ligue 1 + RMC Sport + beIN SPORTS at €30/month with a 12-month commitment or €36/month without a commitment.
How do I subscribe to the Amazon Ligue 1 Pass?
As seen previously, the Ligue 1 Pass is only accessible to Amazon Prime customers, so you must first subscribe to Amazon’s Prime offer.
To subscribe to Amazon Prime you need:
- Create an Amazon account.
- Click on the “Premium” tab on the home page.
- Select the “Start my 30-day trial” section.
- Enter your personal data.
- Confirm your subscription.
Once you have subscribed to Prime Video, you can subscribe to the Ligue 1 Pass either via the Amazon platform or via your operator.
Ligue 1 Amazon live: how to watch Ligue 1 matches with Amazon?
Once your Amazon Prime Ligue 1 subscription is complete, simply download the Prime Video application available on all types of devices and then click on the Ligue 1 Pass tab.
Amazon Prime Ligue 1 is visible on:
- Amazon devices (Fire TV, Fire tablet…).
- Web browsers and devices are connected via the Prime Video app.
- Compatible game consoles (PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One).
- Multimedia players (Google Chromecast, Orange, Bouygues Telecom, SFR, Free, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV (3rd and 4th generation)).
- Smart TVs.
- Blu-Ray players.
- The tablets.
- iOS or Android mobile phones (in the latest Prime Video app).
It is possible to simultaneously follow up on three different matches using the same Amazon account and view the same match on two devices at the same time.
Amazon Football: what are the other advantages of Amazon Prime Ligue 1?
In addition to the French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 championship, the Amazon Prime Ligue 1 offer allows you to take advantage of:
- Expedited delivery of products ordered on Amazon.
- Exclusive offers and promotions.
- Amazon Originals series and movies.
- Amazon Prime Music.
Ligue 1 pass: when to see the matches of the French championship?
Amazon Prime football via its Ligue 1 Pass offers 8 matches out of 10 per day of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 and its broadcast schedule is as follows:
- A match broadcast on Friday at 9 p.m.
- A match on Saturday at 5 p.m.
- 3 matches on Saturday at 8 p.m.
- A match on Sunday at 1 p.m.
- A match on Sunday at 3 p.m.
- A weekly magazine every Sunday at 7 p.m.
- A match on Sunday at 8:45 p.m.
Amazon also broadcasts the 3 multiplexes of the 19th, 37th, and 38th day. For simulcast matches, subscribers can choose to watch each match in full or via a multiplex.
Amazon offers its own free magazine entitled ” Sunday Evening Football ” presented by Marina Lorenzo which recounts the best moments of the day of the championship.
All the matches broadcast live (as well as the Sunday evening Football program) are available for replay 15 minutes after the end of the broadcast for a period of 7 days.
Amazon Prime Ligue 1 consultants and commentators
Star and player legend Thierry Henry is undoubtedly the headliner of the Ligue 1 broadcast on Prime Video.
The channel also offers a wide range of former stars and coaches of the championship such as:
- Matthew Bodmer.
- Ludovic Guily.
- Corine Petit.
- Benoit Cheyrou.
- Edouard Cisse.
- Vitorino Hilton.
- Benjamin Nivet.
- Pascal Dupraz.
- Dominique Arribage.
On the presenter side, it is Thibault Le Rol who is in charge of the poster for Sunday evening at 8:45 p.m. and that of Friday evening at 9 p.m. Karim Bennani, meanwhile, presents the Multiplex Ligue 1, broadcast every Sunday at 3 p.m.
The team of presenters is then completed by Lesly Boitrelle, Saber Desfarges, Laurie Samama and Benoît Daniel, and on the commentator side by Smail Bouabdellah, Julien Brun, Frédéric Verdier, Alban Lepoivre, Christophe Bureau, Luigi Colange, Alexis Grasso and Julien Ielsch. The reporters are David Astorga, Virginie Sainsily, David Aïello and Tiffany Henne.
Each match is commented in French and it is possible thanks to the Stadium FX option to personalize your live broadcast experience with the atmosphere of the stadium
The matches are not compatible in 4K on Prime Video Ligue 1, they are indeed broadcast in HD.
See Amazon Prime Ligue 1 Abroad
Amazon Prime Ligue 1 members can follow the French championship live or in replay only when they travel within the European Union.
How to cancel the Amazon Ligue 1 subscription?
The Amazon Prime Ligue 1 subscription is non-binding, so it is quite possible to cancel it at any time. For this you need:
- Go to your Amazon customer area.
- Click on the “Your memberships and subscriptions” tab.
- Click on the “Manage subscription” section.
- Select “Cancel”.
- Finally, confirm the deletion of the subscription.
Ten Related Post