Want to watch TV on PC but don’t know how? What TV services are offered by internet service providers, what conditions must be met to benefit from them and how do I access them? What are the other solutions for watching TV over the Internet? We take stock together.
- The essential
- It is possible to watch TV on a PC via various offers from internet service providers.
- You can also use viewing platforms such as Molotov or the sites of each television channel.
- To watch a program on the big screen, you can cast your PC on TV.
How to watch TV on a PC thanks to internet service providers?
Access the SFR TV service on PC?
The SFR TV service on PC offers access to 200 live television channels, as well as many replay programs. The option is available on a computer as well as on a smartphone or tablet.
Here are the main channels offered by SFR :
- DTT channels.
- Info channels: BFM Business, i24 News, France 24, Public Sénat, etc.
- Entertainment channels : Téva, RTL9, TV5 Monde.
- The Sports channel in France.
- Lifestyle channels: KTO, Luxe TV, Fashion TV, Men’s Up TV, and Astrocenter TV.
- The Boing Youth Channel .
- Music channels : M6 Music, RFM TV, NRJ Hits.
- Local channels : BFM Lyon, France 3 Alsace, Télé Nantes, IDF1, etc.
- International news channels: CNN, BBC World News, Bloomberg, English i24 News, etc.
- World channels.
To take advantage of the TV service on PC SFR, you must:
- Subscribe to an SFR Box offer or an SFR mobile plan.
- Have Adobe Flash Player software in version 11 or later.
Here are the steps to follow to access SFR TV on PC:
- Go to the SFR website and identify yourself.
- Click on the TV section.
- Choose between Live TV, TV Packages, TV Channels, or TV Services.
By clicking on Watch live TV, you can directly access the current programs of each channel offered in SFR’s TV offer.
Here are the SFR Box offers that include a TV service.
|SFR Box 7||ADSL (20Mbits/s), FTTH, and FTTLA (500Mbits/s)Unlimited calls to landlines in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 100 international destinations160 TV channels||€16/month for 12 months, then €38/month (Fibre)|
€16/month for 12 months, then €33/month (ADSL)
|SFR Box 8||ADSL (20Mbits/s), FTTH, and FTTLA (1Gbits/s)Unlimited calls to landlines in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 100 international destinations160 TV channels||€26/month for 12 months, then €45/month (Fibre)|
€26/month for 12 months, then €40/month (ADSL)
|SFR Box Power 7||ADSL (20Mbits/s), FTTH, and FTTLA (1Gbits/s)Unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 100 international landline destinations200 TV channels||€24/month for 12 months, then €43/month (Fibre)|
€24/month for 12 months, then €38/month (ADSL)
|SFR Box Power 8||ADSL (20Mbits/s), FTTH, and FTTLA (2Gbits/s)Unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 100 international landline destinations200 TV channels||€34/month for 12 months, then €50/month (Fibre)|
€34/month for 12 months, then €45/month (ADSL)
Catalog of Good Deals! save money
Come and discover dozens of good deals and exceptional offers in our online catalog.
While it is possible to access the SFR TV service with all SFR mobile offers, entry-level packages such as the 2h 100 MB offer and the 5 GB offer allow limited internet access, so it is not recommended to watch TV with the mobile data of its offer, which can result in a substantial out-of-bundle. On the other hand, it is quite possible to access it via a WiFi network.
How do I access the Bouygues B.tv service on a PC?
- To watch Bouygues TV on PC, you must have:
- A Bbox internet or Bouygues mobile offer.
- From a PC or Mac computer with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers.
- Your Bouygues credentials to connect.
The Bouygues TV service is called B.tv and offers free access to over 70 live channels. The channels are divided into different categories (Sport, News, Music) or are all gathered in the All channels section.
To take advantage of the Bouygues TV service, follow these few steps:
- Go to the B.tv site at the following address: bouyguestelecom.fr/tv-direct/.
- Click the Login box.
- Log in using your Bouygues credentials (@bbox.fr address or mobile phone number).
Once on the Bouygues TV site on PC, you can choose the program you want to watch live, by simply clicking on it. If the show you want to watch has already started, you also have the option of rewinding, for up to 15 minutes.
To take advantage of the B.tv service on PC, you must subscribe to one of the following offers:
- The Bbox Must offer.
- The Bbox Ultym offer.
- A Bouygues Smart TV offer.
- A Sensation mobile plan with commitment.
- A B&You mobile plan without commitment.
|Box Bouygues||Content of the offer||Price|
|Box Must||Fiber or ADSLUnlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 110 international landline destinations180 Bouygues TV channels2 months free subscription||€22.99/month for 12 months, then €39.99/month (Fiber)|
€22.99/month for 12 months, then €36.99/month (ADSL)
|Box Ultym||Fiber or ADSLUnlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 110 international landline destinations180 Bouygues TV channelssomersault6 months free2 months free subscription||€28.99/month for 12 months, then €46.99/month (Fibre)|
€28.99/month for 12 months, then €40.99/month (ADSL)
|Bbox Must Smart TV||Very High-Speed Fiber Internet up to 1 Gbit/unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 110 international landline destinations180 Bouygues TV channels Samsung Smart TV included from €29||€39.99/month|
|Bbox Ultym Smart TV||Very High-Speed Fiber Internet up to 2 Gbit/unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in mainland France and the overseas departments, and to 110 international landline destinations180 Bouygues TV channelssomersault6 months free Samsung Smart TV included from €29||46.99€/month|
Commitment 24 months
|Box 4G||Very High-Speed Internet in 4GB.tv with more than 70 TV channels satisfied or refunded||€32.99/month for 12 months then €42.99/month|
The Bbox Fit offer is a double play offer, it only includes internet and telephone service, but does not offer television service.
Free TV on PC: how does it work?
Free offers a very complete TV service, with more than 500 channels in total, classified into different categories:
- DTT channels.
- Entertainment channels : Canal+, Paris Première, OCS Max, AB1, SérieClub, Téva, MTV, Paramount Channel, etc.
- Discovery channels : Planète+, Nat Géo Wild, Crime District, Ushuaïa TV, Hostoire TV, etc.
- News channels : LCP, BFM TV, CNews, LCI, France 24, Public Sénat, etc.
- International channels : Ikono TV, Africa 24, A+, NCI, etc.
- Youth channels : Gulli, Disney Channel, Mangas, Piwi+, Canal J, etc.
- Local channels : Telesud, France 3 Alsace, TV7 Bordeaux, etc.
- Music channels : CStar, NRJ Hits, M6 Music, MTV Hits, RFM TV, etc.
- Sport channels : L’Équipe, beIN Sports, Eurosport, OLTV, Cheval TV, Equidia, etc.
- Adult channels : Frissons Extrêmes, Dorcel XXX, Playboy TV, etc.
To take advantage of the TV Free service on your computer, you have two solutions:
- Go to the Freebox OS platform: this is the Free management interface, available from a computer, and on which you can access the TV service.
- Use the VLC Media Player application: Free offers a Multipost service, which allows access to Free TV channels both on your television and on your computer.
The Multipost service is only available via the VLC application, which you just need to download. Next :
- Go to the Media section.
- Click Open Network Stream.
- Enter the address mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u.
Here are the Freebox offers with TV service included.
|Freebox Mini 4K||Freebox TV with over 220 channelsFreebox ReplayWorks on Android TV||€15.99/month for 12 months then €34.99/month|
|Freebox Revolution||More than 280 TV channels with Freebox TV (220 TV channels)The TV by CANAL package (60 TV channels)Canal+ Series 12 months free amazon Prime 6 months free||€19.99/month for 12 months then €44.99/month|
|Freebox Pop||TV Free by OQEE with more than 220 TV channels includedReplay includedCanal+ Series 12 months free apple TV 3 months free||€29.99/month for 12 months then €39.99/month|
|Freebox Delta||TV Free by OQEE with more than 280 TV channels included including TV by CanalReplay included Netflix Essential included amazon Prime Video includedCanal+ Series 12 months free apple TV 3 months free||€39.99/month for 12 months then €49.99/month|
The TV service offered by Free is also available with the Free mobile plans, namely the Free 5G plan which allows almost unlimited access, the Free Series plan, and the €2 Free plan which, on the other hand, only allows restricted access being given that it only includes 50MB of mobile internet.
How to watch Orange TV on PC?
Orange TV is a service that allows you to access dozens of live TV channels from your internet browser. You can access the Orange TV service on a PC, but also on a mobile or tablet.
To access the different Orange TV channels on a computer, follow these few steps:
- Go to the Orange website.
- On the TV & Entertainment tab, click the TV Now heading.
- Select the channel you are interested in (each channel mentions the program currently in progress).
If you are not already connected to your Orange customer space, identify yourself. You will then have access to the Info sheet of the current program as well as the time elapsed since the start of the program.
If you wish, you can resume a film, a series episode, or a program from the beginning or access other programs in Replay.
You can also go directly to the following address:
https://chaines-tv.orange.fr/to access the Orange TV platform on PC.
To be able to take advantage of the Orange TV service on PC, you must meet the following conditions :
- Be the holder of an Orange internet offer or an Orange Open offer with TV service.
- Be connected to your Orange customer space. To do this, enter your identifiers (email address @orange.fr and associated password).
- Have an internet speed greater than or equal to 512 Kbit/s. If this is not the case, you will not be able to take advantage of the Orange TV service which requires a good internet connection.
- Have one of the following PC configurations: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11, on Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers.
- Have the Mac OS X 10.7 and higher configuration, on Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browsers.
Here are the Orange offers that have a TV service.
|ADSL Livebox||Internet ADSL/VDSLOrange TV 140 channels unlimited fixed calls France + 110 destinations||€19.99/month for 1 year then €36.99/month|
|Livebox Up ADSL||Internet ADSL/VDSLOrange TV 140 channels unlimited fixed and mobile calls Metropolitan France, Europe, overseas departments, United States and Canada||€29.99/month for 1 year then €44.99/month|
|fiber livebox||Internet up to 400 Mbit/strange TV 140 channels unlimited fixed calls France + 110 destinations||€19.99/month for 1 year then €41.99/month|
|Livebox Up fiber||Internet up to 2 Gbit/strange TV 140 channels unlimited fixed and mobile calls Metropolitan France, Europe, overseas departments, United States and Canada||€29.99/month for 1 year then €49.99/month|
|Orange Open offers||Livebox or Livebox UpFiber or ADSL70 GB mobile plan (Livebox)Mobile plan from 120 GB to 200 GB (Livebox Up)||From €29.99/month for 1 year then €44.99/month|
How to watch a TV channel on a PC?
You can watch free DTT channels on your computer by going directly to the website of the TV channel you want to watch.
For example, to watch a program offered by M6, go to the 6play.fr website and then click on a live channel. The site includes the channels M6, W9, 6ter, Gulli, Téva and Paris Première.
You can also watch a replay, to do this, select a category (Entertainment, Reality series, Series, Cinema, News and Society, etc.) or click directly on a program.
Similarly, if you want to watch a program offered by TF1, TMC, TFX, TF1 Séries Films, or even LCI, go to the MYTF1.fr website.
Finally, the France.tv.fr site gives you access to the France 2, France 3, France 4, and France 5 channels, as well as the Outre-mer 1, France Info, Culture Box, and Okoo channels.
Do you want to subscribe to an offer with better speed to watch TV? 01 82 88 21 81Selectra free service
Watch TV online using the Molotov platform
Molotov is a free application that allows you to access 34 television channels, live or in the replay, directly on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
The application is also available on a Smart TV, on a tablet, or on a smartphone. When you start a program on one device, you can pick it up where you left off on another device.
If the classic version of Molotov is free, you can subscribe to the Molotov Plus version, offered for the first month and then available at €3.99/month without obligation. This version gives access to 74 TV channels, on 4 screens in Full HD.
Here are the channels offered on the Molotov platform, those that are free and those that are only available with the Molotov Plus version.
|TV channel||Molotov||Molotov More|
To access the platform, all you need to do is:
- Download the Molotov app.
- Install the file in your applications folder.
- Log in with your email address.
You can then access the application and live or replay TV channels.
Cast PC to TV: how to watch a program on the big screen?
When you watch TV on a PC, whichever method you use, you have access to the different channels on a smaller screen.
However, it is possible to watch your programs on a larger screen, by casting them on your television. To do this, either you have a Smart TV, on which you can download the B.tv application, TV from Orange, Molotov, MyTF1, 6Play, etc., or a Chromecast app, or you need to use an HDMI cable.
An HDMI cable allows you to connect your computer to your television, and thus project the content of your computer on the screen of your television.
Ten Related Post